What to do we predict for Restaurants with the outbreak of Covid-19 in Canada?
We are living in scary times, and restaurants face a new reality – limited customers, reservation cancellations, and likely government enforced shutdown. For many, this means that you could go out of business as this outbreak has shown no signs of slowing down.
Let’s talk realities of what we can expect – best case scenario:
- As Canada battens down to stop the spread we predict that public closures will be implemented for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- After the outbreak passes, we expect up to another 4 weeks of closures.
- Once we resume back to normal operations we expect another 2 weeks before the general public begins to feel normal again about going to public spaces.
In this best case scenario, we are predicting 10 weeks of severe business loss for all restaurants and bars, and any other business that relies on public spaces.
What to do?
As the general public is starting to panic, we predict that this panic will get much worse. We believe that you should implement this strategy now to show your commitment to your staff and customers and come out on top as a trusted brand in your community. This could also keep your business operational during an unsettled reality.
Here is what you should be doing right now:
- Shut down your serving area immediately and implement a take out only policy.
- Create a zero tolerance policy for staff and customers – if they show any symptoms of sickness – they are not allowed anywhere near your establishment. Put a sign on your door today.
- Create a simple to go menu and post it daily on your social media with delivery options.
- All deliveries should be drop off at door only with no contact with customers on delivery.
- Create a menu specific for isolation which includes a one week meal plan. This would be one week worth of food that a customer can simply heat up at home or have very light preparation to do. Include in this delivery – bottled water, hand soap, and a vitamin rich meal plan.
- Share on social media, your implementations made regarding health and sanitation. Show staff wearing masks, plastic gloves, frequent hand washing etc.
This may sound severe to you right now, however, many of your competition has already started implementing these changes as of today. For more information on how to adapt your business strategy through this situation, contact us immediately for a free review.
Call Scott today at 250-739-2560